Wednesday 17 April 2013

Mark Making and Colour Development

I decided to see what my print would look like on my garment by layering my print on top of my fabric samples. I did this by scanning in my print design as well as my fabric samples and the rest I completed on Photoshop. I did print on my flat print design as it made it easier to colour in each shape to see how the colours go together and what colours I could use for my final print. This was along side real trials down stairs in the print room. 



This is the first print I trialled with colour. I think I looks effective with little sections of colour but it isn't practical to do as I would need more than one silk screens to achieve this look as each colour would need another screen so than I could do them individually. I think this would look cool but I also doesn't work with my chosen dying effective. This is not practical and I won't be using it.


I decided to develop this idea though but using the larger print design to see what it would look like individual colours I think this look effective but I would need a plain coloured dyed fabric else I think it would be too busy. This doesn't work with the fabric colours I wanted to dye. I would also have the same problem with needing more than one silk screen. I don't have to make this design but I am glad I experimented. 


I decided to experiment with block colour print design and a busy background as this is what I am aiming for in my in my final print. I think I want it to be white, grey or black. I did this experiment to see how my designs would look like for my final print. This is my favourite print design but obviously my print its self has been developed further and it will still be different from this slightly but it is basically the same as it will be with the same ideas.



I think this design looks really effective even though it is in colour I think having only the larger shapes in colour actually looks quite interesting. The only problem is this would take long to do as I would need 2 screens or I would need to section it off and I don't enough time to do this so I think I would end up cutting corners and having less of a crisp finish. 


This print is really effective and is probably one of my favourite designs from this experimentation, I definitely prefer it too my chosen image, but I believe this is because I like the colours and it is really different. I didn't like is as much when I created it but looking back it is really effective. I would need 2 screens for this print which would restrict my time more and making it harder to stay on target as I have already over set myself work by having 3 times as much fabric as others. This isn't practical. 


I think this print works really well together the colours of both the print and background are really similar which compliments on another. I think this print looks really effective, it is really close to what i want for my final design but I want the background colours to be bright and more pink and  purple based. I do want the print to be light like this and this experimentation has inspired me for my own print. 


No comments:

Post a Comment