Monday 22 April 2013

Fashion Illustrations

I decided to create a fashion illustration using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to put my new learnt skills to the test. I created one model but played around with her appearance to created two images of fashion illustration. Here is how I did it.

I firstly found a template on the internet which I liked and traced around it on Illustrator using the pen tool.


This is the process that I did on Adobe illustrator. The first image is the template which I traced around and the image below that is my template. This is the starting point for your fashion Illustrations and this is where you start to create your own design. As you can see from the top image and the one below have created a dress which has a split up the seam this is where I will be adding my own print design to reveal my dress design. 


I then transferred the image into Photoshop so then I could add my print into the dress. I found this print on Google but I intend to make more with my actual print on, as I hadn't designed my print at all when I created this fashion Illustration.


I selected areas with the magic wand tool to highlight certain sections which I wanted to have the dress print on. I also added the print design I had found into the patterns on photoshop selecting this and using the paint box tool to fill this section leaving the garment on the template  I repeated this for all the other sections such as the hair and skin. 

Here is the final print design. 

I experimented with my designs by having the same templete but I changed the hair colour and got rid of the outline. 




I am really happy with these fashion illustrations. I think it has really helped develop my Photoshop skills and opened my eyes to another way of design things. I am happy with my outcome as I like my design, I think it really simple and effected and by using these two programmes I have created a really smooth outcome which looks flawless. I am really happy with the outcome. Although it was a lot to learn as I went and really think it has helped me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment