Tuesday 23 April 2013

Final Evaluation of the Digital Sketchbook Project

I have found learning about the different types of digital software really interesting as I think it is definitely a good skill to have.  I think that being able to use Photoshop especially is quite important as it is used through-out loads of different artistic styles and jobs. I found using these programmes quite difficult as I think it takes a lot of practice and playing around to really get used to using the programmes.

 I have recently been using Photoshop to create fashion illustrations along side illustrator, I have created my final print on Photoshop and edited my final images for little black dress as well. Although I have done this I am not very able when it comes to using Photoshop and still have a lot of practising to do but my skills on the programme have definitely develop through each unit. 

Looking into fashion photographers and illustrators was fun as it was nice to see the differences that their artwork both had but the both used the same programmes for their final outcome.This just shows the completely different effects which can be achieved when using these programmes and it really opens your eyes to what you can do with these programmes.

I found looking into digital illustrators inspiring for my own digital fashion illustrations as this allowed me to see how they produced their work, the techniques that have used to create this imagery, and also more about the artist and their individual style. It was also interesting looking to fashion photographers although we don't have a photography unit this term so it was less inspiring but it was nice to see the way artists used the programmes to enhance images making them look more professional compared to those who don't.

I will definitely be using this programmes again in the future to create my own work, but I need to get more able when using the programme so I will have to practise a little more. I am glad we have learnt how to use these software's as I think it is a very good skill to have not only for my own personal use but also for if/when I get a job in industry as the ability to use Photoshop is a very useful and wanted skill. This would make me stand out more over more candidates.








No comments:

Post a Comment